Belmont Forum Food Security Project Meeting as part of the 3rd Open Science Meeting of the Global Land Project in China
The Belmont Forum organises the "Food Security" Project Meeting as part of the 3rd Open Science Meeting of the Global Land Project - GLP-OSM in China. During this event the Belmont Forum and FACCE-JPI research projects on Food Security and Land Use Change will present their research results to the scientific community. The conference will be held from 24-27 October 2016.
The Belmont Forum has secured dedicated sessions for the Food Security CRA at the GLP-OSM event. They have planned to have one session with oral presentations from the funded projects. The subject of this session is: “ Interactions between food security and land use in the context of global change: the Belmont Forum perspective. Furthermore Belmont Forum arranged a round-table discussion session with researchers and representatives from Belmont Forum partners.
The Belmont Forum and FACCE-JPI funded projects on Food Security and Land Use Change
- Food System Governance, Food Security and Land Use in Southern Africa – SAFGOV
- Hydro-social and environmental impacts of sugarcane production on land use and food security – an international programme to foster trans-disciplinary science, networking and community building – THESIS
- Sustainable Management of Agro-ecological Resources for Tribal Societies 2 - SMARTS2
- African Food, Agriculture, Land and Natural Resource Dynamics, in the context of global agro-food-energy system changes – AFGROLAND
- Feedback Loop Interactions Between Land Use Change and Food Security Dynamics – DEVIL
- Food Security and Land Use: The Telecoupling Challenge - ABC Telecoupling
- Food Security Impacts of Industrial Crop Expansion in Sub-Sahara Africa – FICESSA